the garber gang

the garber gang

Monday, June 22, 2009

Story Hour

As teachers, Chris and I know the importance of reading. We read to Maddie and Ty constantly. However, lately it seems that we are reading "at" them and not "to" them. They are usually running away from us or shutting the book as we try to read. So to help with this problem, I thought the two of them should be involved with the Summer Reading program at the library. Aunt Tracey and I took Ty, Maddie, Carson, and Logan to the Lebanon library for Story Hour. It started out nicely. All four sat quietly during the numerous stories and three songs. Then it was craft time. Logan and Carson made wonderful paper plate fish. Ty and Maddie made fish as well. Maddie wanted to eat the markers (and did) while Ty wanted to eat the stickers (and did). At the end of the hour, I was sprinting to the car and ready to head home. I am not sure when our next visit to the library will occur.

No comments:

Post a Comment