the garber gang

the garber gang

Thursday, March 11, 2010

An Eventful Morning

Background Information: Ty is an early riser. Most mornings he is up between 5 am and 6 am. If he sleeps past 6 am, it is only because he was up a couple hours during the night! Maddie once slept until at least 7 am, but now she is getting up closer to 6 am. Chris leaves for school around 6 am and BB (our babysitter) gets to our house at 7:45 am.

Ty woke up at 4:30 am this morning. He was happy and played until Maddie joined him at 6 am. I try to keep them busy in the morning while I get the morning chores done without feeling like I am neglecting them. Today I decided to put their picnic table in the kitchen and get out their new Play Doh toys. This kept them occupied for awhile. I hastily put all the Play Doh things away after digging a wad of Play Doh off of the roof of Maddie's mouth. Then it was time for me to get dressed. Of course they followed me into the bathroom. I left the bathroom to go to my bedroom. No one followed. They stayed in the bathroom. I thought to myself, "I am going to get dressed without helpers!" I knew it wouldn't last long because someone would be banging on the bathroom door to get out. However, this morning there was silence. I sort of enjoyed it for a moment, and then decided I better go check. I opened the bathroom door to find Maddie squeezing the last bit of bath massage gel out of a bottle that had never been opened (oops, never gave them baby massages!), and Ty swimming on the floor in a pond of gel. They were covered in gel. It was even caked on their faces! Needless to say, I ripped them out of the bathroom while considering locking myself in for awhile! After cleaning, I got Ty and Maddie dressed (we usually don't get out of pj's before noon) so they thought they needed to go outside. Therefore, at 7:30 am we headed outside to play until BB got here. Once BB got here, I said, "I am going to work to relax!"

No comments:

Post a Comment