the garber gang

the garber gang

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mother's Day

On Mother's Day, Maddie and I slept in until 7:15!  Then I went to the gym while Chris and Ty fixed bacon and eggs for breakfast.  It was on the table when I got home.  After breakfast, we went to church.  Then we met Chris' family at Eaglesticks for brunch.  Everyone took naps when we got home!  Of course, I had to go to school to work in my room for a few hours before Chris had basketball.  While Chris was at basketball the kids and I went to BB's to hang out with her and Bryan.  It was another perfect day!
I am blessed with a wonderful mom and mother-in-law.  They take good care of Chris, the kids, and me.  However, this Mother's Day I can't get this lady out of my mind.  At church, all the mothers received a carnation at the end of mass.  Well, I sort of missed that because I had to take Maddie and Ty to the bathroom (thank you Sheila for getting a flower for me!).  When I came back to our pew, the lady sitting next to me was crying and didn't have a flower.  My heart just ached for her.  I have no idea why she was crying but I had a few ideas running through my mind.....was she not able to have children, did she lose a child, did her mother just die, etc.  I had never seen this lady at church before, but yet I was almost in tears myself for her.  It was like she was placed beside me to remind me how lucky I am...wonderful mothers in my life and how I was given the privilege of becoming a mother.
Ty waiting for his food.  He is always ready to eat!

Mimi's pride and joy(s)

No comments:

Post a Comment