the garber gang

the garber gang

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Cheer Camp

Maddie heard about a "cheer camp" (aka cheerleading clinic) that was taking place at Tri-Valley. Even though she was a little young, the kind cheerleading advisor said it was fine that Maddie attend. Maddie was so excited for over a week about this camp! She talked and talked about it. Then she woke up Saturday morning and said she wasn't going. Thanks to the help of fruit snacks and lip gloss, I got her in the car to go watch the cheerleaders!

Camp started at 9:30 am and wasn't over til after 1 pm. That is a long time to cheer and dance! I know because I was right beside Maddie the entire time. I learned quite a bit too!

Brooke is Maddie's cheerleading hero. When Maddie is cheering at home, she is Brooke! Brooke was so good with Maddie. Maddie didn't always want to cheer and dance so Brooke was patient and helped her.

I continued to bribe Maddie to get her to fully participate. I was a little annoyed at the fact she wasn't all that into the camp. She cheers constantly at home! Then Lynda reminded me she was only 2.

When all the parents returned at 12:30 to watch what all the 83 girls learned, Maddie did some movements. However, when it was silent, Maddie busted out with her cheer, "Hey all you Scottie fans, stand up and clap your hands!" as loud as possible!

Cheerleading is tiring! Maddie says she had fun. She gets to cheer at halftime of the reserve and varsity game Tuesday. I'll let you know how that goes.....

No comments:

Post a Comment