the garber gang

the garber gang

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Ear Tubes

Ty got ear tubes today. He couldn't eat or drink after midnight and his surgery wasn't until 11:20 am. When I woke him up, the first words out of his mouth were, "I want a snack!" I thought it was going to be a rough morning but he was a trooper! Luckly, Dr. Kong was running ahead of schedule and Ty went into surgery early. The surgery lasted only minutes....literally. Chris and I sat down, pulled out the I-Pad, and Dr. Kong appeared to let us know that everything went well.
Maybe 30 minutes later Ty came out of recovery. He was riding in his bed just smiling. His nurse loved him. Ty will tell you she wanted to take him home. She asked for a hug and he jumped out of bed to give her one.
By noon we were headed home. Ty took a long afternoon nap and woke up super happy and hungry. I did not have to give him anything for the pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment