the garber gang

the garber gang

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Rolling Ridge Ranch

Saturday morning we visited Rolling Ridge Animal Park. This was our 3rd visit there.I tried to give Maddie and Ty a lesson on Amish life. Maddie liked all the buggies and Ty liked all the bikes.

Ready for the hour long tour to begin.

Ty loves animals FROM A DISTANCE! I was a little nervous that he would cling to me the entire time but he did ease up a little.
I liked this picture with Maddie's hands over her mouth.
Notice Ty trying to get as far away as possible while I fed the ostrich.

On the other hand, Maddie couldn't get close enough!
Feeding the deer....glad to know that deer eat something besides my ferns!
The Rocky Mountain elk was hungry!
Ty observing the pond with elk and water buffalo in it.
Time to feed the llamas.

Ty still a little timid!
He got a little braver on Daddy's lap.
My gang
"Mama, can I pet the cattle?"
Ty reaching out to pet an animal!
Maddie asked questions about the animals for the entire hour. Why, why, why???? I do feel a little guilty making up answers when there is an audience around. It was like everyone on the wagon was listening to our conversation.
It never fails...every year our tour guide gives Chris a bucket of food and wants him to feed the biggest antelope in the world.
And every time the antelope wins!
I took this picture so you could get an idea how the animals swarm your wagon. It's so cool to see all these different animals up close so you can feed and pet them. Chris likes it better than the zoo.
This calf was born this morning. It was only hours old!
Some animals you just feed from the floor of the wagon.

Daddy feeding Bubba. Bubba sticks out his tongue.

Maddie petting Bubba.
Doc and Charlie pulled us. They happen to be the same horses that pulled our wagon the first year we came.
Time for the petting zoo.



Ty was determined to pick up a baby chick all by himself. For some reason he turned brave and wanted to hold a chick. It was so funny to watch him try. Chris and I were just cracking up. Then one bit him and he thought that was hilarious! Next this boy came over and picked one up then tried to give it to Ty. Ty just laughed at him like he must be crazy to think he was going to hold that chick!

1 comment:

  1. What fun!! I want to go there!! Love Maddie's ribbon in her hair!

    ReplyDelete